Brewtown Newtown | Newtown (Part 2 - Savoury)


The long awaited part 2 post at Brewtown Newtown!
If you missed our first post (sweets), you can check it out here


We were seated after a short wait at the counter. You must find the person taking down reservations at the door. After you place your name down, patiently wait outside or inside with a brewnut in your hand :)


I believe we had the freshly squeezed lemon juice mixed with mineral water. You know at the bar where you order soft drinks and it comes from a tap?  The freshly squeezed lemon juice with mineral water came out of the tap too! Yes... we are easily amused... 


Oriental tea - how pretty and cute? We sneaked a shot from other diners.


Want to know what we had? Let me tell you....your mouth will have a blast! 



Corned beef hash with garden peas, poached egg and parmesan crumbs. 
Each mouthful was delicious I just wanted more! I remember after Matt's first bite, he looked at me with those eyes.. those OMG YOU GOTTA TRY THIS eye. Next thing you know, there was fork in my face with the little potato and corned beef hash. That's when you know something is good. When someone (in my case, my significant other) forces you to eat something after they've tried it.


Baked polenta with mushrooms, grilled asparagus, poached egg & parmesan. I hesitated when I ordered this dish (I really wanted the beef hash) but I also really wanted the baked polenta. I was afraid the baked polenta wouldn't be crunchy but I was wrong! :) It was crunchy and the mushroom wasn't bland but wasn't jam packed with flavour either. However the dish overall worked well. I would definitely recommend this dish to my vegetarian friends.

And to end this post, here are shots with the perfectly poached eggs oozing out and burying the yolk in the amazing hash


We will definitely be back.
If you would like to read about our sweets post, click here!

Brewtown Newtown on Urbanspoon

Latest on @snapshotsoffood