The Rice Den | St Leonards

I love it when restaurants provide a complimentary dessert or drink for special occasions. The other night, we celebrated my friend's birthday at The Rice Den.

Traditional hand made cheong fun
I wasn't feeling too hungry so I decided to have something light and save some stomach space for dessert. Debating if this dish is 'light' or not, it's definitely full of carbs. But carbs aside, it was enjoyable. Although... I still prefer my cheong fun pan fried with super thick peanut sauce and hoisin sauce (like the ones you get from yumcha). Unfortunately for me, the peanut sauce on this one was quite watered down. 

 Hong Kong milk tea crème brûlée 
As I was eating this, I felt like I was having a really thick bubble tea from chatime/easyway...if that makes any sense? I would order this dessert again for sure.

Here are a few snapshots of what my friends ordered.

Fried Wonton Wrappers
Complimentary side to start the evening!

Satay Chicken Croquettes
Kaffir Lime, Housemade Chilli Oil, Sambal Mayo 

Chicken, Prawn and Shiitake Dim Sum 

Steamed Cone Bay Barramundi Fillet
Ginger, Shallot, Soy Sauce

The Rice Den Fried Rice
Chinese Sausage, Shiitake Mushrooms
 I could smell the wok hei from a mile away!

Beef Tenderloin
Mixed Tempura Mushrooms, Smoked Capsicum Puree, Honey Black Bean Glaze

French Toast Dulce de Leche
Peanut Crumble, Mascarpone with Matcha Green Tea 
The complimentary dessert that came out with sparklers.

The Rice Den Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Latest on @snapshotsoffood