Song Kitchen | Surry Hills

Song Kitchen is a stylish cafe, bar and dining room located near Hyde Park. Being located at the heart of the business district, they cater for all customers like an express lunch menu (for those who need to fit a quick lunch in before their next meeting) or an a la carte dinner menu (for those who want to wine and dine) or if you're looking to impress your client, Song Kitchen also offers a shared banquet menu. For those who don't know, Song Kitchen is a 'profits for purpose' business. Owned by YWCA Australia, all the restaurant proceeds go to supporting victims of domestic violence and other programs for women and children in the community.

Potato gnocchi
The potato gnocchi is served with brown butter sauce and blue swimmer crab. I always find gnocchi dishes moreish and regrettably can't finish what's on the plate. I found the gnocchi from Song Kitchen quite light and fluffy as opposed to dense and potato-ey.

Chicken liver pate
If you ever take me to a restaurant and for some reason, I happen to disappear when the waiter isn't there, just look at the menu and if there's pate, order that for me. I absolutely love pate - especially duck but the chicken liver pate from Song Kitchen was so smooth. It melted in my mouth like butter and yep, I know how unhealthy and fattening pate can be. The bursts of sourness from the cherry was much needed to break down the richness of the pate. I'd order this over and over again.

Chargrilled wagyu steak
Matt loves his meat so couldn't go past ordering the chargrilled wagyu steak from the menu. The steak was served with labneh and beetroot which made it quite rich so we'd suggest you swish it down with a glass of red. When the dish arrived at our table, I couldn't help but wonder why it was sliced up (thinking the steak would be dry) but Matt didn't seem to fussed.

Ice cream sandwich
We were in awe when this dish arrived at our table. At first, I couldn't stop staring at it and was thinking where do I even start? How do I eat this? I attempted to pick the whole the up and bite into it like a sandwich but it failed. Everything fell apart. This dessert was definitely one of the highlight of the evening. It's made from rosewater meringue (sandwich), pistachio ice cream, salted caramel and fairy floss.

Snapshots of Food dined as guests of Song Kitchen and CPM Online Marketing 

Song Kitchen Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Latest on @snapshotsoffood