Cafe Opera | InterContinental Sydney | Sydney CBD

We had an intimate and cozy buffet at Cafe Opera located inside InterContinental Sydney. It's only a short walk from Circular Quay where you can soak up the fantastic atmosphere that Sydney has to offer! Cafe Opera showcases the finest produce and we had the pleasure of reviewing their Signature Land to Sea buffet. They currently have a promotion where you can enjoy 20% off food until 13 October 2019!

We began our buffet with the cheese and antipasto section selecting from a range of Australian & International cheeses, jamon, salami, shaved ham, hommus, dips and assorted breads. I'm actually curious to know how you tackle a buffet? Are you like me and select tiny sample size portions from each section? Or are you like Matt who piles on a good amount of scrumptious food? I haven't been to one in a while and a buffet is definitely bringing back childhood memories.

We moved onto mains but I couldn't wait and dropped by the kids section (chicken nuggets, chips and fish goujons). Deep fried food is my weakness! I really enjoyed the Tom Yum soup and the condiments that came with it. There was a selection of noodles and pork buns as well. My favourite section was the roasted meat. Luckily they had a glass window which stopped me running away with the crispy pork belly. It was absolutely delicious, juicy and definitely delivered on the crispy skin! The slow roasted grass fed beef rump was also cooked to perfection - don't forget to ask for the gravy! Cafe Opera also has a selection of seafood including Sydney rock oysters and fresh prawns. I'll let you in on a secret. I peeled some of the fresh prawns and added it to my Tom Yum Soup (YUM!)

The dessert section was absolute heaven. They had a wall filled with elegant desserts ranging from lemon meringue tart, fruit panna cotta, hazelnut brownie and various cake selections. They also had tropical fruit salad as well as a chocolate fountain with marshmallows! My inner kid came out as I rushed towards the chocolate fountain... I was about to grab a scoop of vanilla ice cream and add my chocolate covered marshmallow but they don't have Vanilla ice cream. Instead, they had mango & raspberry sorbet and chocolate ice cream (but not as you know it). 

Snapshots of Food dined as guests of InterContinental Sydney and DecPR

Cafe Opera - InterContinental Sydney Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Latest on @snapshotsoffood